Public Vote Terms & Conditions
- Only one vote is allowed per electronic device per category of projects. You may cast your vote through the outdoorconservation.eu website, the eoca.de website, or the websites of our magazine partners.
- To help us run a fair vote in line with our terms & conditions, we store information from your computer or other electronic device from which you cast your vote. This information includes your computer IP address, the type of browser you are using, the operating system you are using, and the time your vote was cast. EOCA and our magazine partners also store a cookie on your computer to uniquely identify your vote. By agreeing to the terms & conditions, you give EOCA and our magazine partners your permission for us to collect this information from you. The information we collect from you is deleted following the conclusion of the voting process.
- When you vote, we allow you to optionally enter your email address. Please note that your email address is not required to vote, and your vote will still be counted if you do not enter your address. If you wish to sign up to receive the EOCA quarterly newsletter please enter your email, and confirm that you are happy to receive the EOCA newsletter. By signing up, you permit us to subscribe you to our quarterly newsletter. If you do not wish to be entered onto the EOCA newsletter mailing list do not tick the agreement, or simply do not enter your email address. If you enter your email address and have not indicated that you wish to sign up to the EOCA mailing list, your email address will be removed from our database following the conclusion of the voting process.
- We will not sell, rent or pass on your email address to any other organisation. The information we collect will only be used for the purposes laid out in these Terms and Conditions.
- If you choose to subscribe to our quarterly newsletter, this is all that you will receive from us. You can unsubscribe to the newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in our email newsletter, or by sending a request to email@example.com with the subject 'Un-subscribe Me'.
- EOCA, its sub-contractors and partners, cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any online system, server or provider or otherwise, which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
- Voting is available between the dates given on this website. Voting will start at 00.01 hours (GMT) on the start date and finish at 12.00 midday (GMT) on the last day of the voting. Votes received outside of the specified times will not be counted.
- Voting is only available via websites. No voting is available by email, mail, telephone or any other method.
- EOCA reserves the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent, excessive or suspicious patterns of voting have occurred, or if it considers there has been any attempt to unfairly influence the voting. This may include for example, votes from spambots, programmes designed to specifically vote continuously for one project, or from devices where it is evident that cookies have intentionally been disabled or other attempts have been made to try to vote in a way that is not in line with these terms & conditions.
- EOCA reserves the right to disqualify a participating conservation body if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent, excessive or suspicious patterns of voting have occurred originating from the organisation, or if it considers there has been any attempt to unfairly influence voting, or promote, or not discourage fradulent voting. Participating conservation organisations are required to encourage their supporters to vote in the way specified by these terms & conditions.
- The outcome of the vote or poll will be revealed by EOCA on social media (Facebook and Twitter) within a week of the vote or poll having finished. The result will also officially be announced either at the OutDoor tradeshow in Friedrichshafen (June) or ISPO in Munich (Jan/Feb). In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the outcome of a vote or poll, or the operation of any part of the web based voting system, the decision of EOCA shall be final.
- Once the votes have been counted, the decision of EOCA is final.
If you are an individual who loves the great outdoors and would like to support our projects, please click the donate button below.
"It was a great experience to receive the funding with the support of the people through an exciting voting contest. With the funding we managed to ensure preservation of another 10,000 hectares of wilderness in Küre Mountains National Park in Turkey providing safe haven for endangered species such as wolves and bears. We contributed to saving the last remaining priceless untouched natural areas in Europe so that future generations can also enjoy them."
Zoltán Kun, Executive Director, PAN Parks Foundation