EOCA's Plastic Pledge aims to reduce single use plastic waste at trade shows – specifically starting with OutDoor by ISPO at the end of June. EOCA is encouraging as many of its members to sign up to the Pledge as a first step to making trade shows more sustainable. Non members of EOCA are invited to get on board with the Pledge as well, for the price of a donation to EOCA’s public fundraiser project – for which every €10 donated will clean an area of habitat the size of two Olympic swimming pools.
REDUCING PLASTIC WASTE PLEDGE:
Our Company pledges;
- To provide a source of drinking water on our stand throughout the show for visitors and staff to refill reusables.
- To encourage every employee / person working on the stand to bring their own reusable mug or bottle from home for use during and after the show. If needed, the company will provide reusables to ensure all staff have an alternative to single use.
- Not to use or provide single use plastic bottled drinks during the show.
- To take all possible measures to avoid single use plastic food or drink items on the stand and to source, reuse and dispose of alternatives sustainably (for example cups, glasses, cutlery, crockery, food wraps, straws, stirrers, single portion milk, sugar, sweets etc).
- To proudly communicate this pledge and encourage colleagues and friends to join our mission to keep the tradeshow free of disposable waste.
Any company wishing to sign up to the Pledge, please contact Tanya and Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are delighted to announce the all of the EOCA member companies listed below have signed the pledge.
In addition, we are delighted that Care Plus have made a donation to the EOCA public fundraiser project and also signed the pledge.
"Mizu was born out of respect and passion for the environment. With our products we want to encourage people to renounce single use plastics to keep our environment safe. EOCA does just that: with their projects and initiatives they protect our playgrounds. As part of the outdoor industry in Europe we feel it is our duty to support EOCA – Enjoy The Journey. Leave Nothing Behind." Linn Torvund, PR & Marketing Europe